« Home | The End of IA » | Batman Begins: A review » | Asian Universities Debating Championships » | Racially Aggravated Crimes: Call for Analysis » | Companies and Impressions » | Inconsistencies in Law » | Google's take on FAQ's » | New Technology » | Rwanda » | Ash on Letterman »

The five people you meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

I bought this book on a whim. I usually never buy books unless I've read them and really like them or if they come highly recommended by a friend. Gotta live on a student's budget. But something about the story really drew me to the book and I ended up buying it.

I really liked the book. It doesnt attempt to lecture or preach, it merely tells a story. A story of Eddie, a 83 year old man who dies and then goes to heaven. He meets five people there from his life, who try and explain Eddie's life to him.
This is a very interesting idea. Heaven is not a mysterious place where there are lush meadows and where you have a rendezvous with God. Its just a place where your life is explained. This seems relatively straightforward but I think most people would love to know why a certain event in their life took place. Self pity bouts are always about "Why, me?" kinda questions.

Its a very unassuming book. It can get cliched at times but the writing style encourages you not to dismiss or ridicule these cliches. Definitely a book to treasure.

Lot of people hv recommended this book....but hv not managed to lay my hands on it.

I plan to read it soon....the fact that it is a small book makes it that much more easier to read.

Hey kaps, its a good read. i want to read mitch albom's other book also "tuesday's with morrie" but it sounds similar to this one.

Post a Comment